Pea Protein Powder
Protein is essential to building strong muscles, but it also plays an important role in the creation of new cells all over your body. A lack of protein in the body can lead to decreased immunity, fatigue, cardiovascular problems, and respiratory issues. Unlike carbohydrates and fat, protein is not stored in the body. Therefore, it is important to make sure that we are eating enough protein throughout the day to keep our body functioning properly.
Many people turn to protein powder to help fuel their bodies with extra protein. You may have seen or heard of a newer type of protein powder on the supermarket shelves, pea protein!
Special Feature: Benefits of Pea Protein
Pea protein is an excellent source of plant protein that possesses some key qualities that benefit your health!
- High Protein Quality. Peas are made up of almost all protein, with some carbohydrate and almost zero fat.
- Nutrient Dense. In addition to protein, peas contain vitamin A, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, copper, and vitamin C.
- Highly Digestible. The protein found in peas is easily broken down and absorbed by the body, compared to other animal and dairy proteins, such as whey.
- Allergen Free. Peas are 100% free of gluten, lactose, and soy, all of which are common allergens. Whey protein powders can often irritate lactose allergies.
- Weight Control. Pea protein may help lower levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin, which is released by the stomach and signals the brain to stimulate feelings of hunger.
- Disease Prevention. May help prevent hypertension (high blood pressure) and kidney disease.
- Enhanced Immunity. Peas are an excellent source of vitamin C, zinc, and copper; all of which boost your immune system, help fight the common cold and promote wound healing.
- A Clean Source of Protein. The protein in peas is easily extracted without the use of chemical solvents and additives that can be harmful to your body. Pea protein powders are a clean source of protein that is extracted from pea flour, which is naturally dried and then hydrated.
Now that we’ve looked into the power of pea protein you may be asking yourself, where can I find it?
Look no further than Healthy Grocery Girl! We have recently released our new product, Healthy Grocery Girl’s PLANT PROTEIN Powder, composed of our favorite pea protein!
For more information about our product, fun ideas for smoothie recipes, and to learn more about your body’s specific protein needs contact us and set up a nutrition appointment! You can also order our new Sip Healthy Box to receive a month’s supply of: Healthy Grocery Girl’s PLANT PROTEIN Powder, Healthy Grocery Girl’s GREENS Powder, our favorite organic ground flaxseed, and fun smoothie recipes! The staples you need to make a smoothie everyday. It’s the perfect way to start your day!