Almond Flour Lemon Cake
There are so many incredible things to celebrate in May such as Mother’s Day, graduations or maybe even a family members birthday! Everyone loves a beautiful and delicious cake at celebrations, but not all sweets are created equal. I want you to enjoy these moments to the fullest without having to question the ingredients in what you are eating. This is why I’m sharing with you this incredible Almond Flour Lemon Cake that is made with real ingredients and is also dairy-free and gluten-free!
This cake is so simple to make and full of fresh, lemony flavor! It also contains fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals for a guilt-free treat! It can be made the night before or the day of for whatever fits best with your plans!
Health Benefits Of Ingredients:
Almond flour is a great gluten-free substitute in baking. Almonds contain vitamin E, protein and fiber! Vitamin E is essential for skin and eye health. The prebiotic fiber found in almonds feed your healthy gut bacteria, which aids in overall digestion!
Did you know that one lemon contains about 50% of your reference daily intake of vitamin C! While this is great for immunity, it is also important for reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke. Vitamin C is also important for iron absorption in non-heme plant sources!
100% pure maple syrup is a natural sweetener that comes from the sap of maple trees. It contains vitamins and minerals such as manganese, riboflavin, calcium, thiamin, potassium and copper. When used in moderation, maple syrup can be a great sweetener in a healthy diet.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this Almond Flour Lemon Cake, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Limoneira lemon juice
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Whisk to combine.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until batter forms.
- Pour into greased cake pan and bake for 35 minutes. Let cake cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, add vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir together. Then add the powdered sugar and mix until icing forms.
- Spread icing over cake and top with sliced lemons and lemon zest!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!