Baba Ghanoush + Chips
Healthy Snack Time!
Chips and dip, a classic combo… I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like chips and dip! Have you?
Today I have a yummy recipe for Baba Ghanoush Hummus and Zucchini Chips! You may be wondering, “zucchini chips?” It’s true… we are making chips from zucchinis, similar to kale chips! So if you’re already a fan of kale chips, you will probably love this recipe!
As usual, this recipe is easy to create, requires a few ingredients and is good for you too. Watch my how-to video below and let me know what you think!
Thanks for stopping by the HGG Blog today! xx M
- 1 eggplant
- 1 can (15 - ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup of tahini
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 raw cloves of garlic
- Sea salt
- Green onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, with the tip of your knife score deeply into the eggplant flesh
- Roast in the oven for around 20-30 minutes, until golden brown
- Once the eggplant is cooked, let cool for a few minutes and then scoop out the flesh with a spoon
- Add eggplant with all of other ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth & creamy. Garnish with green onion and enjoy with a side of zucchini chips & celery!
- 2 medium zucchinis
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 235 degrees fahrenheit or 112 degrees celsius
- Next, slice the zucchini into one eighth inch thick discs, it is important that they are as close to the same size as possible so they cook evenly and turn out crispy
- Lay the zucchini out between two layers of paper towel and press down, I like to use a rolling pin, this helps to removes excess water
- Then spread the zucchini out on a baking sheet with parchment paper with a pinch of sea salt, no oil needed
- Bake in the oven for around 1-2 hours. The time depends on how thick your zucchini chips are, just check on them ever 30 or so minutes.