Peanut Butter Carrot Breakfast Cookies
On Monday, August 24th I had the honor of being a guest on Home & Family on the Hallmark Channel! I shared how to make back to school breakfast cookies, yum! These cookies are a complete meal (enjoy 2 -3!), protein packed and taste great so your kids will want to eat them. Below is my recipe and also an online version of the segment if you were not able to watch on TV!
I wish everyone who is heading back to school, or who has kids heading back to school, a great school year!
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup dated, diced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded or diced
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Organic peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water in a small ramekin and let set for 3 minutes until a thick gelatinous consistency forms. Add chia mixture into a large mixing bowl with coconut oil and vanilla extract and mix together. Fold in dates and carrots. Lastly, mix in oats, whole-wheat pastry flour, baking powder and salt.
- Form cookie batter into disks and place on a baking sheet and bake for 12 - 15 minutes. Let cookies cool before adding a layer of peanut butter between 2 cookies. Store cookies in the refrigerator and enjoy within 1 week, or store in the freezer and enjoy within 2 – 3 weeks
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible