Cashew Orange Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a breakfast classic. It sticks with you (in a good way), helping you feel full, longer! However, oatmeal on its own can be bland and boring. Store-bought flavored oatmeal can be loaded with sugar, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives that do not belong in our body. Today I have an out of this world delicious oatmeal recipe that is full of flavor and contains all-natural, real food ingredients.
Coconut Cashew Maple Orange Oatmeal
The name of this recipe alone is mouth watering! Watch how I make this recipe in today’s cooking video and as always, you can print the recipe below. If you have a friend you think would enjoy this recipe, please share it with them!
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 Sunkist® Moro orange
- 1 tablespoon of cashews
- 1 tablespoon of whole chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of 100 percent pure maple syrup
- Add oats and water into a stovetop pot on medium heat and bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Using a microplane, zest the outer layer of the Moro orange (avoid the white layer underneath).
- Add oatmeal to a bowl and top with peeled orange segments, cashews (roughly chopped), chia seeds, maple syrup and orange zest
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible
The Moro Orange, also known as a blood orange, has such a delicious flavor and I just love the color!
To learn more about the different varieties of citrus as well as how to select and store, read last week’s blog post here.