Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Happy New Year My Health Loving Friends! I am excited to share with you the first HGG Recipe and Cooking Video of 2015! Chickpea of the Sea Salad Sandwich is one of my favorite lunch recipes right now, I hope that you enjoy it! If you give this recipe a try I’d love to know, leave me a comment below!
- 1 can (15 ounces) of Organic unsalted chickpeas
- 4 tablespoons of mustard (or more to your liking)
- 1 cup of onions, diced
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- A pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices of whole-wheat bread
- 6 thin slices of cucumber
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon of hummus
- In a medium bowl add chickpeas and mustard and mash together with a potato masher. You want the chickpeas to still be chunky yet not perfectly round. Don't over mash or you will end up with hummus!
- Add in onions, carrots, sea salt and pepper and stir together
- Spread hummus on toast and add cucumbers on to one side and spinach on the other
- Add a generous serving of chickpea of the sea salad and place toast together
- Choose Organic ingredients when possible!
This Recipe Is:
- Chickpea of the Sea Salad is Gluten-Free, use Gluten-Free bread to make this recipe completely Gluten-Free