Chili Carrot “Hotdogs” With Cashew Lime Sour Cream
It’s the first Tuesday of the month which means it’s time for another cooking video with Alvarado Street Bakery! Today I’m sharing how to make Chili Carrot Dogs with Cashew Lime Sour Cream on their amazing Sprouted Hot Dog Buns!! Video is up now on the Alvarado Street Bakery YouTube Channel! I’ve shared the video & recipe below for your convenience! Don’t forget to subscribe! It’s free!
- 4 large carrots, cut off ends to match the length of hot dog bun
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (you could also use soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can of lentils, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can of kidney beans, drained
- 18-ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can of green chiles
- 1 small white onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- The day before, peel carrots and then boil for 8 minutes. While carrots are boiling, add all of your sauce ingredients into a bowl and whisk together. Pour sauce into a re-sealable plastic bag & add your carrots after they’ve boiled & cooled. Store in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- The day before you’ll also want to prep your cashews for the cashew cream sauce. To do this, add cashews into a bowl and cover with water. Add on a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- You can make your chili also the day before or day of.
- To make your chili, add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a soup pot over medium heat and then add diced onion and cook for 4 - 6 minutes until the onion starts to brown. Add the remainder of the chili ingredients into the pot and stir together. Place on the lid and let simmer for 30 - 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While your chili cooks, drain and rinse the soaked cashews, then add to a blender, add one cup of water, fresh squeezed lime juice and sea salt; blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- To finish your carrot dogs, add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a stovetop pan over medium to low heat and add the carrots & remaining sauce, simmer the carrots, turning occasionally until they are hot.
- Assemble & enjoy!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ALVARADO STREET BAKERY HOT DOG BUNS:
Each Sprouted California style hot dog bun has…
- 9 – 10 grams of protein
- 4 grams of fiber
- Organic Whole-Grain Baked Good
- Sprouted Grains
- Natural, Wholesome Ingredients
- No GMO Ingredients
- No chemical preservatives or additives of any kind
- Nothing artificial
- Plus they are delicious!
All Alvarado Street Bakery products feature sprouted grains. The benefits of sprouting are that sprouting can help increase the availability of some of the nutrients and sprouted grains can be easier to digest.
For more details on this recipe, to learn more about ASB hot dog buns and to shop online visit: alvaradostreetbakery.com
Disclosure: Alvarado Street Bakery is a digital marketing & video production client of Healthy Grocery Girl.