Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
This homemade chocolate hazelnut spread is made with all natural, wholesome ingredients and will definitely satisfy your chocolate cravings! This spread goes great with fruit such as strawberries, on toast, with oatmeal, as a frosting on cake or cupcakes or just enjoy straight from the jar! Enjoy!
- 2 cups of hazelnuts
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to warm for 5 - 10 minutes. Remove and transfer to a kitchen towel and rub hazelnuts to remove as much skin as possible
- Then add hazelnuts and coconut milk to a stovetop pan on low heat, stir together and simmer for 5 minutes
- Then add all ingredients into a food processor and blend for 5 - 10 minutes until creamy
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- Choose organic ingredients when possible!