Citrus Chicken Nacho Soup
It’s October, which means cooler nights and warm comforting meals! I can’t wait to share with you this flavorful and healthy Citrus Chicken Nacho Soup! This soup can be made in less than 30 minutes making it the perfect weeknight meal to satisfy the entire family! Made with fresh and protein packed ingredients such as black beans and chicken, so no one will be left hungry.
This soup is also great as leftovers! Feel free to prep this recipe over the weeknight to pack for lunch throughout the week. It can also be frozen for later use! I can’t wait to hear how much you love this fall inspired soup recipe!
Health Benefits of Nacho Soup Ingredients
Black beans are an excellent source of plant-based protein! Just 1/2 cup contains around 8 grams of protein. This is a great way to nourish your body and stay fulfilled throughout the day. Black beans are also rich in fiber and antioxidants, which are important for maintaining a healthy gut!
Avocados are a great source of healthy fats! Fat is essential for energy, bodily warmth, and even help us with cell growth! Did you know that fats even help with the absorption of vitamins in the body?! Adding some sliced avocado to this soup is the perfect addition!
Onions are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. They also contain small amounts of calcium, iron, folate, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium and the antioxidants quercetin and sulfur. These phytonutrients may be reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this nacho soup, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- ½ lime
- ¼ cup juice from navel orange
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- Tortilla strips
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large sauce pan, add olive oil, diced onion and spices. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add in fire roasted tomatoes, water, orange juice, shredded chicken, black beans and corn. Stir to combine and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add juice from half a lime, coconut milk and vegan shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Scoop into bowls, top with tortilla strips, avocado slices and cilantro. Enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!