Coffee 3 Ways
Healthy Coffee Recipes
Hi Friends! Do you love coffee? I do!! It’s one of my guilty pleasures that also has some great health benefits. Did you know that coffee, a bean, comes from a plant? So yes coffee is a plant-based food! Not all coffee is created equal however. We do want to stick to Organic coffee to avoid pesticides and also avoid adding artificial sweeteners & creamers t coffee. Also it’s important to be mindful about our total daily coffee consumption. The Center For Disease Control recommends no more than 400 milligrams (mg) of coffee per day for healthy adults.
Today, I’m sharing 3 ways to enjoy coffee and one of my favorite coffee brands. You all know I love a good grocery find! I hope you enjoy today’s new video and recipes!
Thanks so much for stopping by the Healthy Grocery Girl blog today and a big thanks to Via Bom Dia for sponsoring this post! Sponsors support Healthy Grocery Girl so that we can continue to share free blog posts, recipes and cooking videos with the awesome HGG community!
- 1/2 cup Via Bom Dia Dirty Chai coffee grounds
- 4 cups of hot water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Add coffee grounds and hot water into a french press
- Let coffee steep for 3 minutes before plunging down
- Meanwhile, heat almond milk on the stovetop
- Use a milk-frother to create almond milk foam
- Add coffee to a cup and pour in heated almond milk and top with almond milk froth
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional!)
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible
- 1/2 cup of Via Bom Dia Chipotle Chocolate Cacao coffee grounds
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (the thick top layer of coconut milk from a can that has set in the refrigerator overnight)
- Add coffee grounds and 2 cups of hot water into a french press
- Add on the lid and let steep for 3 minutes before plunging down
- Pour over ice and top with 1 tablespoon of coconut cream
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible!
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Via Bom Dia Dark Chocolate Cacao coffee grounds
- 4 tablespoons of 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour, sifted
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of unrefined coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crumbled walnut halves
- Add 1 cup of almond milk with 1/2 cup of coffee grounds into a container with a lid. Shake or stir together and let sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Add cold brew almond milk into a french press, press down and pour out the almond milk. You want to have 1 cup of cold brew almond as a result, if you're not quite at 1 cup just add in a little almond milk and mix together with a spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the apple cider vinegar with the cold brew almond milk and let sit for a few minutes
- Then add in vanilla extract, coconut oil, oats and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- In a stand mixer add flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt and mix together
- Then add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients & mix together again
- Then fold in dark chocolate chips
- In the meantime, create your topping by combing crumbled walnuts with remaining maple syrup
- Fill a muffin tin 3/4 of the way full with batter and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and add walnut crumble topping and bake for another 3 - 5 minutes to toast walnuts
- Muffins are ready when an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy within 1 week
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible
- Via Bom Dia is made with 100% real ingredients and naturally flavored with spices such as cinnamon, lavender and cacao
- I always recommend choosing Organic coffee, and so of course I love that Via Bom Dia is made with Organic coffee beans!
- Plus it just tastes amazing!
Rachel, the founder of Via Bom Dia, was kind enough to provide us with a discount code! Yay discounts! If you’d like to try Via Bom Dia make sure to use the discount code HGG15 at checkout to receive 15% off your order!
Disclaimer: Thank you to Via Bom Dia for sponsoring this post. All opinions and recipes are my own. I only share and promote products I truly love and want the HGG Community to know about!