Colorful Lemon Volcanoes
Happy September! As the weather starts to cool down, you may be looking for some fun indoor DIY toddler activities to keep the kiddos busy. Many of you know that lemons are one of my favorite fruits, we use them every day! Lemons are incredibly versatile and are great in recipes, cleaning products and DIY projects!
These Colorful Lemon Volcanoes are a great way to use up lemons that are about to go bad. The kids can pick out the different colors and be amazed when they erupt! Use your craft sticks to stir more baking soda into the lemons for the fun to continue!
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these lemon volcanoes, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- Limoneira classic lemons
- Baking soda
- Food colors
- Dish soap
- Craft sticks
- Cut the tips off of the lemons.
- Using a craft stick, move some of the flesh off of the sides.
- Layer lemons on a large baking sheet and pour dish soap into each lemon.
- Add different food colorings into lemons and stir with a craft stick.
- Top each lemon with baking soda and watch the volcano erupt! Stir with a stick to keep having fun!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!