Dark Chocolate Cookies
Easy Holiday Recipes
Dark Chocolate Salted Molasses Cookies
Happy Thursday Friends! Today is very exciting because first of all, it’s Thursday! Thursday means, a brand new episode of the Healthy Grocery Girl Show is ready to rock n’ roll and I’m sharing with you a… new recipe! It is also an exciting day because… today we launch this year’s Healthy Holiday Dessert Guide! This is a resource that I create every year. I revamp it, add more recipes, tweak the tips and resources and share it with you! Many hours of recipe testing, photography, editing and taste testing goes into this delicious little guide and I truly hope that you enjoy it! It is for sale as of today in the online shop! If you are an HGG Member, it’s free! Login today to access your guide.
Today’s video is all about… Dark Chocolate Salted Molasses Cookies. Are you drooling yet? This recipe is one out of fifteen vegan dessert recipes from the Healthy Holiday Dessert Guide, and I hope you love it! Watch today’s video and get the recipe below. Enjoy and… Happy Day To You!
- 1 cup of coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup of unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of water)
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl add one tablespoon of ground flaxseeds and three tablespoons of water and let set for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, add coconut sugar, sea salt, baking powder, almond extract, coconut oil and molasses into a large mixing bowl and stir together until evenly combined. Then add in the flax-egg and stir everything together again. Lastly, fold in flour. When flour is evenly mixed with the dough, add in chocolate chips and give one last final stir. Place cookie dough on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool and sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible!
- Gluten-Free Baking Tips Available in The Healthy Holiday Dessert Guide, Visit The Shop Page at HealthyGroceryGirl.Com/Shop
- Recipe and photography © copyright Healthy Grocery Girl® LLC 2014
This Recipe Is:
Healthy Holiday Dessert Guide
It’s HERE!!! Healthy Grocery Girl’s annual, Healthy Holiday Dessert Guide!! This year I have added 5 new recipes for a total of “15 Vegan Dessert Recipes That Will Rock Your Holiday Season!” Plus, I include new tips for baking gluten-free as well as my brand suggested grocery shopping list for baking items. I’m sharing the grocery items that I love and bake with!