Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination! Today I’m sharing how to make Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups! This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and oh-so-good! They are perfect to enjoy… well, anytime!
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon 100% real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 silicone mold - any shape should work, I am using hearts because Valentine's Day is coming up!
- In a medium mixing bowl add the peanut butter, coconut flour, maple syrup and vanilla and stir together. Sometimes it is easier to warm the peanut butter a little first.
- Once you have it thoroughly mixed, rolls small balls and press into disks. As big/small as you want to fit your mold just right.
- Melt the chocolate chips and add some into the bottom of each mold, then add a peanut butter center and more melted chocolate on top.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and then enjoy!
- Serving Size: It depends on the size of your mold and the size you make each peanut butter cup!
- Sweetener: is optional in this recipe. You can use any sweetener you prefer, or use none. Especially if you use a sweetened peanut butter or semi dark chocolate chips, then you do not need added sweetener.
- Coconut flour: is also easy to swap out in this recipe. You could use any nut or seed flour, or even ground oats.
- Chocolate chips: the amount of chips you will need depends on how big you make the peanut butter centers, and what kind/shape of mold you use.