Easy, Healthy Make Ahead Lunch Ideas
Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl! Today I’m sharing 3 make-ahead lunch ideas. If you’re looking for quick, easy, healthy lunch ideas you can prep ahead of time… today’s blog post is for you!
As an ambassador for Tessemae’s, who is sponsoring today’s video, I’ll be featuring their Ah-Mazing products in each of my recipes. If you have not heard of Tessemae’s before, you are going to LOVE their products—from dressings to sauces that are low to no added sugar, whole30 and paleo approved and so, so good! Learn more here!
- 4 cups curly kale, chopped
- Tessemae’s Organic Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 2 cups chicken, baked and diced OR roasted chickpeas
- Tortilla’s of choice
- ¼ cup brazil nuts
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- To make the brazil nut parmesan, place ingredients in a food processor and pulse to create a crumbly consistency.
- Toss the curly kale in Tessemae’s Caesar dressing. Due to the toughness of kale, it will stay good in the fridge, after being tossed in the dressing for a couple of days!
- When you are ready to eat your wrap; add kale, chicken and brazil nut parm to a tortilla wrap, I love using an almond flour or cassava flour tortillas and enjoy!
- Tessemae’s Pantry Classic Italian Salad Dressing
- ½ cup protein: Chicken, baked and diced OR roasted chickpeas
- ¼ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup carrot noodles
- ½ cup cucumber noodles
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- Using a spiralizer, make carrot and cucumber noodles.
- Layer ingredients in 24-ounce wide mouth mason jar.
- Starting with the dressing at the bottom, then the protein, vegetables and finally the hemp hearts.
- Tessemae’s Chocolate BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Organic ground turkey
- 2, 15-ounce cans black beans
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes, roasted or boiled
- 1, 15-ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder blend
- Warm olive oil over medium heat in a large, deep saute pan
- Add the diced onion and saute for 3 mins
- Next add the turkey, stir and cook with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes
- To make paleo: Swap black beans for ½ pound of more turkey or another meat of choice.
- To make plant-based: Swap the turkey for three additional 15-ounce cans of beans; I suggest 1 can kidney beans, 1 can black lentils and 1 can white bean!
Most store-bought BBQ sauces are loaded with added sugar. Tessemae’s Organic Chocolate BBQ sauce has no added sugar – yet it still tastes absolutely amazing! It is also Whole30 Approved, Keto Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, No Sugar Added, Vegan, and Non-GMO.
Disclosure: Healthy Grocery Girl is an ambassador for Tessemae’s. This post is sponsored by Tessemae’s. We only share products we love, genuinely use and believe everyone should know about!