Easy, Healthy Soup Recipe For Gut Health
FINALLY. Thank you for your patience! Here is my go-to “Soup For Gut Health” recipe. This is a soup that I make almost every single week and contains key nutrients and ingredients that support my gut health!
Why does gut health matter? Your microbiome, the population of microbes (bacteria) that live in your gut, plays a key role in your immune health, digestive health, mood, energy levels and skin health. Did you know that eighty-percent of your immune health resides in your gut? Did you also know that the gut is often referred to as “the second brain” because of how closely gut health and cognitive health are related? Eating a diet that supports gut health is crucial for overall health!
This recipe is also easy to adapt and adjust to be paleo or 100% plant-based – so feel feel to change up the ingredients so it works for your health needs & dietary preferences!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion
- 3 celery stalks
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 24 ounces bone broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 leaves kale
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard (optional)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 can white beans (drained & rinsed)
- Begin by chopping the onion, celery, and carrots.
- Add the EVOO to an instant pot; set to saute.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots and all of the seasonings, saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups filtered water and the chicken breast. Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken and veggies cook, wash, de-vein and chop the kale. Then chop the zucchini and cauliflower.
- Once the instant pot has cooked for 10 minutes, let it sit and naturally depressurize for 5 mins. Then carefully vent the remaining pressure and remove the lid. Remove the chicken breast and shred.
- Set the Instant Pot back to saute, and add the shredded chicken back to the pot with the chopped kale, zucchini and cauliflower.
- Finally add the bone broth, coconut milk, mustard, lemon juice and white beans.
- Stir and cook on saute 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve up and enjoy