Finger Foods Lunch Box
Happy Lunch Week! Today I’m sharing with you how to make the “Finger Foods Lunch Box” including a recipe for Mini Whole-Wheat Blueberry Muffins!
The Finger Foods Lunch Box Includes:
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped into 6 mini celery pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 single serve box of raisins
- 1/2 apple, sliced
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 3 mini whole-wheat blueberry muffins, see the recipe below!
I always recommend reading the ingredient list first on any packaged item and avoiding artificial ingredients such as hydrogenated oils and artificial sweeteners. Also, choose Organic produce and ingredients when possible!
Watch today’s Healthy Grocery Girl Show episode for more details about the Finger Foods Lunch Box theme and see how I make these delicious mini blueberry muffins, step-by-step!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl combine ground flaxseed and water to make flax egg and let sit for 3-5 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond milk, coconut oil and flax egg and whisk together
- Add in coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and whole-wheat flour and mix together until ingredients are evenly combined
- Fold in fresh blueberries
- Use a muffin tin and line with mini muffin cups, then fill with batter
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes
- Let muffins cool on a rack before serving or enjoying!
- Choose organic Ingredients when possible
- I used Big Tree Farms Coconut Sugar, Bob's Red Mills Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour and Dr.Bronner's Coconut Oil
Mini Whole-Wheat Blueberry Muffin Recipe Is:
The Lunch Containers I’m Using… I fell in love with these lunch containers from a company called Eco Lunch Box. I reached out to them to see if they would be willing to collaborate on this lunch series and send me some pods and containers to use! They said yes! So if you’re wondering about the awesome lunch containers that I’m using which are plastic-free and great for the environment they are from EcoLunchBoxes.com
For More Healthy Grocery Girl Videos Check out the Healthy Grocery Girl YouTube Channel!