Coconut Crusted Fish Tacos with a Citrus Slaw
Looking for a new weeknight dinner idea? Try these Coconut Crusted Fish Tacos with a Citrus Slaw! While it may feel daunting to make restaurant style tacos at home, this recipe is simple and easy for anyone to make! We love that it’s loaded with real, whole food and healthy ingredients that taste amazing!
This entire dinner, including the crusted fish is gluten-free and dairy-free! The vibrant slaw gives this recipe the perfect crunch and is made with simple, healthy ingredients like cabbage, cilantro, lemon and lime juice!
Health Benefits of Taco Ingredients
Cabbage may aid in digestion because it contains insoluble fiber! This type of fiber increases the bulk of your stool, which helps it pass along your digestive tract. Fiber also helps feed your healthy gut microbes, which is important for lowering inflammation and supporting your immune system.
Cilantro is an incredible herb! One of my favorite health benefits of cilantro is that it supports your liver, which is your natural detox organ! It also contains supports gut health, which is essential for digestion and immunity!
Mangos are loaded with tons of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, copper, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin K and vitamin E. Copper is important for a variety of bodily function such as the production of connective tissue, blood vessels and helping the body produce energy.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these fish tacos, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- ½ Limoneira lime
- 2 cups cabbage slaw mix
- ½ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 pound white fish
- 3 tortillas
- 1/3 mango, diced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Add zest and juice from both the lemon and lime into your cabbage slaw mix. Stir to combine.
- Take cilantro off the stem and chop finely. Add into slaw mix. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together spices and coconut flour.
- In another separate bowl, whisk egg.
- Dip fish into egg mixture and then into coconut flour mixture.
- Using a large saucepan over medium/low heat, add some oil and then crusted fish. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Once the fish is cooked, assemble your taco with crusted fish, cabbage slaw, sliced avocado and diced mango.
If you love this recipe, see below for more delicious taco recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominately plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!