Fresh Fruit Tart With A Gluten-Free Crust
So many of my friends, and friends of friends, are getting married and having babies! It’s such a special time of life and has also inspired me to create a recipe that would be perfect to bring to a bridal shower or baby shower! I hope you enjoy today’s new episode of the HGG Cooking Show!
- 4 cups of Honey Nut Gluten-Free Cheerios
- 4 tablespoons of cane sugar
- 6 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 can (14-ounces) of full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of cane sugar
- 2/3 cup of arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 – 2 cups of fresh fruit of your choice! I used blueberries, kiwi and raspberries
- To make your crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add the cheerios to a food processor and pulse until you get a rough powder
- Add in the sugar and coconut oil and pulse again until evenly combined
- Pour the mixture into a pie dish and press down firmly so the crust is even throughout
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- When crust is finished cooking, let cool on countertop until room temperature
- Next, to make your filling add the full fat canned coconut milk to a stovetop pan over medium heat. Once the coconut milk starts to simmer add the lemon juice, sugar and arrowroot powder and whisk all ingredients together. Arrowroot may start to clump at first, but keep whisking, until everything is smooth
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes
- After the crust and filling have cooled, pour your filling on top of the crust and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes
- Then add fruit as a topping! I’m using blueberries, kiwis and raspberries and decorating in a circular pattern. You can use any fruit you prefer and get creative with how you decorate!
Disclosure: This video is sponsored by Cheerios. All opinions stated are my own. At Healthy Grocery Girl we only partner with brands and products we genuinely enjoy and want you to know about! Sponsors support Healthy Grocery Girl so that we can continue to create & provide videos and blog posts that are free for our community to enjoy.