Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Chocolate chip cookies are (in my opinion) the most classic and delicious homemade cookie. I remember my mom making homemade chocolate chip cookies to enjoy as an after school snack and it was always such a treat! Thanks mom! Today I have an easy recipe for chocolate chip cookies that is also vegan and gluten-free! Click play to watch how I make this tasty cookie, I hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by the HGG Blog today!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 cups gluten-free flour mix (or almond flour / coconut flour + 1/4 teaspoon guar gum)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease with coconut oil or use a Silpat. In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients. In another medium bowl mix together the flax egg and coconut butter. Fold dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together. Then fold in chocolate chips. Shape in ball of dough and place on a baking sheet and cook for 10 - 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible