GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH WITH DAIYA DAIRY-FREE SLICES!
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I am so excited to share with Daiya’s NEW Slices, which are launching this weekend at Natural Products Expo West. Because I eat dairy-free I love to discover wholesome dairy-free products that help make eating well easier + fun! Daiya is one of my favorite brands and is the maker of delicious plant-based foods. Daiya is ideal for anyone looking to eat better, whether they’re dairy-intolerant, allergic, vegan, or simply living a healthy lifestyle. Below is my recipe for a simple grilled cheese featuring the new Daiya Slices! You can also use Daiya’s new Cutting Board Collection Shreds, also launching at Expo West this weekend. They have the same taste, texture, and aroma of dairy-based cheese (including that irresistible melt and stretch!) Definitely keep an eye out for these slices and shreds next time you head to the grocery store!
- 2 slices of sprouted bread of choice
- 3-4 Daiya Slices
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Heat a large skillet on the stovetop over medium, spread coconut oil on one side of each bread slice
- Lay one slice, oil side down on the skillet and lay out the Daiya slices even over the bread, top with your second slice of bread, oil side up, and cook for about 5 minutes
- Using a spatula check the underside of the sandwich, when the underside becomes brown and crispy, flip the sandwich over and repeat
- If you are making multiple sandwiches, keep the finished ones in a warm oven
- All of Daiya products are dairy, gluten and soy free
- New and improved Daiya Slices are cheesier than ever and have the same melt, stretch and taste as dairy-based cheese!
- Daiya Slices are now available in a New American Style flavor!
- Where to shop? Daiya can be found in Whole Foods, Sprouts and Vons.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Daiya. Sponsors make it possible for Healthy Grocery Girl to create blogs + videos that are free for our community to enjoy! We only partner with brands we genuinely love & are excited to share about with our community!