Healthy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Today I’m sharing how to make a healthier green bean casserole. My husband and I made this dish at Thanksgiving and talked about it in our November Vlog and many of you asked for a cooking video! Ask and you shall receive! Thanks so much for watching, subscribing & being apart of this fabulous community!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of green beans or fresh greens beans
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup onions, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper
- Add coconut oil into a stovetop pan on medium heat. Add your diced onions and let cook until the onions are translucent.
- Then add mushrooms, garlic and a pinch of sea salt, stir and cook for 4 - 5 minutes
- Take half of the sautéed mixture and place into a blender, add in vegetable stock and blend
- In a medium size bowl add green beans, blended vegetable mixture, and remaining sautéed mixture and fold all the ingredients together
- Transfer into a casserole dish and top with thinly sliced onions, bread crumbs and a pinch of sea salt
- Bake in the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 45 - 50 minutes and enjoy!
- I used canned green beans because my husband does not like the texture of fresh green beans. However fresh green beans would be lovely in this recipe!