Holiday Charcuterie Board
The holidays are here, which means family gatherings and making some of your favorite special meals! We love to make charcuterie boards because they are quick, healthy and such a simple, entertaining meal. This Holiday Charcuterie Board recipe is packed with plant-based protein, fiber and healthy fats to make for a delicious and filling treat!
Enjoy this snack board as an appetizer before your holiday meal, for family snack time or cozying up to your favorite holiday movie! One of the best things about charcuterie boards is that you can make them with a variety of ingredients. Feel free to add in any of your favorite items or even use up some produce in your fridge before it goes bad!
Benefits of Charcuterie Foods
Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, which is a great support for immune health! Especially during the holiday season, these foods are important for maintaining health. These fruits are also a great source of fiber! Did you know that one cup of orange slices contains 4 grams of fiber? Women should aim to consumer 25 grams per day and men around 38 grams.
Nuts are loaded with antioxidants! Antioxidants are important for combating oxidative stress, which minimizing cell damage and decreases the risk of chronic disease. Nuts have also been shown in some studies to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels, which is beneficial for heart health.
Seeds are packed with nutrients such as protein, fiber and healthy fats! Seeds also contain phosphorous, which is a mineral that is essential for repairing cells and filtering waste. Magnesium is another mineral that can be found in seeds. This supports muscle and nerve function as well as improving energy production.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make this charcuterie board, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- Limoneira mandarin oranges
- Vegan cheese
- Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Limoneira mandarin oranges
- Add chocolate chips to a small double boiler. This is a small pan over another small pan of simmering water. This technique allows you to fully melt the chocolate without burning it.
- While the chocolate melts, peel your oranges.
- Place your orange slices on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle your melted chocolate onto your orange slices.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Now it’s time to build your board! Get creative and have fun placing all your ingredients on your board. Enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!