How To: Classic Lemon Curd
Lemon Curd, which is used in our Lemon Meringue Tart recipe, is often store-bought for convenience. This year as we celebrate our lemon holidays, we’re sharing how to make a traditional Lemon Curd! This easy and delicious lemon curd recipe can be used in lemon tarts, spread on toast, scones, pancakes, waffles, cookies, between layers of a cake, rolled up in a crepe or for any other lemony dessert!
We’ve shared how to make a vegan lemon curd recipe on the Limoneira YouTube channel in the past here: https://youtu.be/
- ½ cup Limoneira classic lemon juice
- 1 whole egg
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vegan or traditional butter
- ½ cup sugar
- Using a medium saucepan, bring water to a simmer. Add a glass bowl on top of saucepan and add your eggs, egg yolks, sugar and lemon juice.
- Whisk and cook over the simmering water. Make sure you are whisking constantly until mix is thick enough to coat a spatula.
- Turn off the heat, add in butter and whisk until incorporated.
- Strain your mixture through a fine sieve and then cover and store in the fridge until you are ready to use!
Healthy Grocery Girl https://www.healthygrocerygirl.com/
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!