LEMON CHIA ELIXIR: JUICE RECIPE
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I’m sharing another recipe from my book The 5 Day Juicing Diet. This Lemon Chia Elixir is low sugar, gut health friendly and delicious!
This fun juice is packed with a lemony flavor and nutritional chia seeds. Lemons support skin health and digestion, freshen breath, and are packed with the antioxidant vitamin C. It’s a wonderful fruit to incorporate into your morning routine. The chia seeds are added after the produce has been juiced—they expand in liquid to create a gel-like consistency, which is very satiating. Chia can bind to dietary toxins and fats like cholesterol, and then helps excrete them. Plus, chia seeds contain fiber, healthy omega-3 fats, and even a little protein.
- 5 cups romain lettuce
- 1 (1-inch) piece of fresh ginger
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1 teaspoon whole chia seeds
- 1 lemon
- Prepare all the ingredients by rinsing, scrubbing, or peeling as necessary
- Cut the ingredients to a size appropriate for your juicer
- Process all the ingredients in the juicer
- Add chia seeds to juice & stir
- Enjoy within 1 hour
- Ingredient Tip: Lemon peel is loaded with calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. You can juice the entire lemon, with the peel, to benefit from this additional nutrition. Note that lemon peel has a slightly bitter flavor profile.
- Substitution Tip: This elixir is great with any citrus; try oranges, grapefruits, or even limes.
- Serving Tip: Freeze the juice into ice cubes to give chilled juice extra nutrition, or to add flavor and nutrition to your drinking water.