LEMON FROSTED HEART SHAPED COOKIES
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Valentine’s Day is approaching and we have the perfect sweet treat for your sweetheart! Today we are sharing how to make some delicious Lemon Frosted Cookies that are shaped into hearts!
- 1 bag gluten free pie crust mix (I like to use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pie Crust mix)
- 1 cup refrigerated coconut oil*
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- *If your coconut oil is soft or liquid, line a 1 cup measuring cup with plastic wrap and fill with coconut oil, then place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed Limoneira lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Add the pie crust mix into a food processor with the cold/solid coconut oil. It is best to cut/break the coconut oil into a few large pieces first.
- Quick pulse the food processor 10-20 times until the coconut oil and mix resemble coarse sand.
- Add the ice cold water slowly (2 tbsp at a time) while continuing to pulse the mix, until the dough comes together.
- Wrap / cover the dough and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Roll out to desired thickness and cut out heart shapes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add frosting ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
- When the cookies have finished baking and cooled, frost and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!