LEMON POPPYSEED PANCAKES
- 1 organic egg (see notes below to make vegan)
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup flour of choice (I love Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoon sugar (I use Organic Coconut Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- In a small dish add egg, non-dairy milk, coconut oil & fresh lemon juice. Stir & set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate dish combine coconut flour, baking powder, sugar, poppy seeds & fresh lemon zest.
- Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients & stir together to make pancake batter
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to a stovetop pan over medium heat & cook pancakes evenly on both sides
- Top with real maple syrup, your favorite nut butter or coconut butter or fresh fruit & enjoy!
- Makes 6- 8 small to medium size pancakes
- To make this recipe vegan use a 1 flax egg (which is 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons of water, stir & let set for 3 minutes) or a vegan egg powder such as the brand Follow Your Heart. The texture of these pancakes will not be as fluffy when made vegan, however they still taste great!
Disclosure: Healthy Grocery Girl provides video production services & Limoneira is a Healthy Grocery Girl client. We love to share the work that we create for our clients! To work with us or for more information on our video production services we’d love to chat, please contact us here.