Lemon Turmeric Green Pea Rice
This side-dish is packed with nutrition and flavor! Perfect served warm as a compliment to your favorite entree, or cold with fresh greens and chickpeas as a meal worthy salad!
- 1 Limoneira Classic lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Warm the olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Add the green onion, peas, turmeric, salt and black pepper and saute for 8 minutes.
- Add the rice, lemon zest and juice and stir together.