LENTIL LETTUCE WRAPS + SPRING MEAL PLAN
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today I am sharing with you a really easy, delicious recipe for Lentil Lettuce Wrap Tacos! This recipe is from our new Spring Meal Plan! Seasonal Meal Plans are one of the many resources available to Healthy Grocery Girl Premium Members which you can learn more about here!
The HGG Spring Meal Includes:
- A 7-Day Easy To Follow Meal Plan
- 12 Plant-Based Recipes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Quick & Easy To Make)
- A Grocery Shopping List!
We invite you to join Healthy Grocery Girl today! Once you join you’ll immediately have access to this new Spring Meal Plan!
Now let’s get today’s recipe + video! As always, we’d love to see your HGG creations online! Tag @HealthyGroceryGirl or #HealthyGroceryGirl on Instagram and Facebook so we can find and like your photos!
- 1 - 2 heads of butter lettuce
- Carrots, washed, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of purple cabbage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of green onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can of lentils
- 1 (15-ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 teaspoon of each: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt
- Add lentils & seasoning to a stove top pot over medium heat & stir until warmed
- Separate & wash lettuce leaves. Pat try the largest leaves & use a the "taco shells"
- Fill with lentils and top with thinly sliced carrots, cabbage, a dollop of coconut cream & a squeeze of fresh lime juice!
- OPTIONAL: Add cooked brown rice, quinoa or millet!
- To make coconut cream, I use coconut milk from a can! You'll notice the coconut water + coconut cream naturally separate within the can. Stir or mix together to create a cream that is the perfect consistency to top on tacos! If you like the consistency even thicker remove some of the coconut water before mixing. Save extra in the refrigerator & use for smoothies!
- I personally eat 3 - 4 of these little wraps for lunch!