MAKE AHEAD VEGGIE CHILI | MEAL PREP FOR NEW PARENTS
Hi Friends! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl. Today I’m sharing with you how to make a Very Veggie Chili!
My husband and I are expecting our first baby due early April, 2018. In preparation for her arrival I’ve started creating a list of recipes I want to meal prep and freeze so that Aaron and I have nourishing meals after her delivery. Soups and chilis are my go-to meal prep dish because they are easy, a great way to sneak in tons of veggies and protein and the leftovers last for days! Another tip – make a double batch when you’re cooking whether you plan to freeze all of it or eat half now and freeze half for later!
Lastly if you’re not yet make sure to subscribe to our channel! You can also follow me on Instagram @HealthyGroceryGirl for daily recipe, wellness & healthy living inspiration!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of kale, packed
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of zucchini, diced
- ½ cup of celery, diced
- 28-ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can of lentils, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can of white beans, drained
- In a large soup pot over medium, heat coconut oil
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 8 to 10 mins, until the onions start to brown
- Then add the crushed tomatoes, vegetables stock, spices and vegetables and simmer on low for 20 minutes
- Add the beans and simmer for another 15 minutes
- Enjoy right away or store in Mason Jars in the fridge or freezer
Thank you so much for watching & subscribing & I’ll see you in the next video!