MARINATED WHITE BEAN TOAST
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. I love recipes that are so versatile they could be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack! Today’s recipe is just that… we’re making Marinated White Bean Toast! Beans are a wonderful plant-based protein source. They also contain fiber to support digestive health and keep you feeling full! These marinated beans are great on their own, topped on a salad… or my favorite, toast! The combo of the creamy, flavorful white beans with the warm, crunchy toast is just so good! Little Northern Bakehouse has the most delicious gluten-free, plant-based bread. Their loaves are also vegan and Non-GMO Project Verified! If you haven’t tried Little Northern Bakehouse yet, definitely look for their bread next time you go grocery shopping!
- 2 slices Little Northern Bakehouse Whole Grain Wide Slice Loaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans (great northern/cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 meyer lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomato
- Place the beans in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, brush a liberal amount of the marinade onto a few slices of Little Northern Bakehouse Whole Grain Wide Slice toast in the oven or in a skillet.
- Top toast with marinated beans and garnish with fresh sliced basil, enjoy!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by Little Northern Bakehouse. All opinions are my own.