MEYER LEMON COCONUT WAFFLES
Hey Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today we are sharing with you how to make these decadent Meyer Lemon Coconut Heart Shaped Waffles that will be a hit for the entire family!
Meyer Lemon Coconut Waffles
- 3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I like using Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1 Limoneira Meyer lemon
- 1 egg (or flax egg which is 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 3 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I love coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a large bowl, add egg or flax egg, non-dairy milk, oil, sugar, zest from lemon, juice from entire lemon and whisk together until smooth.
- Add in baking powder, shredded coconut and gluten-free flour and mix together until a smooth batter forms.
- Using a hot waffle iron, pour in batter and cook until waffle is golden brown.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to make several heart shaped waffle pieces.
- Top with real maple syrup and optional a sprinkling of shredded coconut
Healthy Grocery Girl https://www.healthygrocerygirl.com/