MY DAILY GREEN DRINK
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. Today I’m sharing my Daily Green Drink recipe. It’s full of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants & fiber to nourish & keep me feeling full for hours. I hope you enjoy this recipe & give it a try!
HEALTHY GROCERY GIRL RECIPE VIDEO:
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 apple, cored & cut into few pieces
- 1/4 inch of fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 inch of fresh turmeric, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups of spinach or kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- Blend & enjoy!
- Make One 32-Ounce Green Drink
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible!
- Spinach / Kale: These dark leafy greens contain fiber, calcium & the anti-oxidant vitamin C!
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a major super food and has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties
- Ginger: Ginger may help to improve digestion, blood circulation, improve brain function & is also great for reducing menstrual pain or cramps
- Lemons: Citrus fruits like lemons also contain vitamin C & can help support the body’s main detox organ, the liver, the function optimally
- Cucumber: Cucumbers are a great way to hydrate & contain fiber, both of which are essential for a healthy digestive system!
- Apples: Apples contain soluble fiber, which can help prevent & lower cholesterol levels within the body!
There are so many health benefits to each of these foods, far beyond what I’ve listed above. Plant-based foods, specifically fruits & vegetables, are nutrient dense & provide the body which so much nutrition to help all of our body systems function optimally! It can be difficult to consume all the veggies we need in a day. That’s why I love a green drink, like I’ve shared today. A green drink is a fantastic way to consume multiple servings of fruits & veggies in one easy meal or snack!