NOURISH BOWL | LUNCH OR DINNER
Hey Everyone! Welcome back to Healthy Grocery Girl! Today I am sharing how to create a Nourish Bowl packed with flavorful, good for you, plant-powered ingredients.
I love big bowls of food filled with nourishing ingredients from beans, greens, grains and healthy fats like avocado. Today I’m sharing how to create a simple and delicious Nourish Bowl. I am also so excited to be partnering with Dr. Praeger’s for this video and their bowl boss campaign! If you follow me on Instagram you see all of my bowl creations, so I like to think that I’m a bowl boss and you can be too! So let’s get to our recipe!
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of carrots, sliced
- ½ cup of purple cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 small avocado, seeded, peeled & sliced
- 13 Dr. Praeger’s Carrot Puffs each bowl
- 1 cup of roasted chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 roasted red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- (Add Cooked Brown Rice To Bowl): Every nourish bowl needs a hearty ingredient like grains! I love using gluten-free grains such as brown rice or quinoa.
- (Add Veggies To Bowl): The more veggies the better! Load it up to nourish your body with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants and fiber!
- (Add Dr. Praeger’s To Bowl): Dr. Praeger’s carrot puffs are a fun way to add flavor and more plant-powered ingredients to your meal!
- (Add Roasted Chickpeas): Roasted chickpeas are a great way to add plant-based protein to your nourish bowl!
- (Add Avocado): Healthy fats like avocado can help you feel full longer, they are also packed with good for you monounsaturated fats.
- (Add Sauce): It’s all about the sauce to change up the flavor of your bowl! I love making easy homemade sauces such as this red bell pepper sauce! Here’s how you make it!
- To make the sauce add cashews to a small bowl and cover with water, let sit for at least 30 mins, ideally overnight. Drain and rinse soaked cashews and add to a high-speed blender with a ¼ cup of fresh new water and remaining sauce ingredients, blender on high until smooth and creamy.
- (Add Seeds): Lastly… make it rain with a sprinkling of seeds for a boost of protein, fiber & healthy fats! I love using hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds!
- Then… Enjoy!!
WHY I LOVE DR.PRAEGERS
As you know I love to share recipe and product ideas to help you nourish your body! What I love about Dr. Praeger’s products is that they are made with only real, recognizable ingredients such as vegetables, herbs and grains. Dr. Praeger’s products taste amazing, they are nutritious and they are and also incredibly versatile. You can enjoy their products just as they are, such as their puffs dipped in mustard! Or you can add them to recipes, like a Nourish Bowl. I also love dicing up their veggie burgers and adding to a variety of recipes from salads, sauces, bowls, burritos, tacos and more.
Disclosure: Thank you to Dr.Praeger’s for sponsoring this post!