Orange Apple Crumble Bars
Is there any better smell apples and cinnamon baking in the oven? I have so many memories growing up with that incredible smell, which just screams fall! If you love apples as much as me, you’re going to love these Orange Apple Crumble Bars! This recipe is bursting with flavor and a perfect dessert that the whole family can enjoy!
This dessert is such a better choice than store bought hand pies or bars. It’s made with real ingredients, gluten-free and dairy-free! We can’t wait to hear how much you love this recipe!
Health Benefits of Crumble Bar Ingredients
Oranges are a great source of prebiotic fiber! This is the type of fiber that feeds your good gut microbes and helps them thrive! When those microbes are well nourish, your gut is able to heal itself and digestion runs smoother. Oranges are also a good source of potassium, which is essential for heart function, nerve function and muscle contraction.
Apples are rich in antioxidants that may help with the prevention of cancer, protect your lungs for oxidative damage and may lower the risk of heart disease. They contain a variety of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, manganese, copper and B vitamins! Apples are also high in water content making them a great hydrating and filling fruit!
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these Orange Apple Crumble Bars, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- ½ Limoneira navel orange
- 6 apples
- ½ cup coconut brown sugar
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add almond flour, cassava flour, brown sugar, cinnamon extract, salt, cardamom and orange zest to a food processor and blend to combine.
- Add in vegan butter and blend again.
- Add in whisked egg and blend.
- Add half of crumble mix onto a greased baking dish and pat down.
- Peel and core apples. Using a mandilion slicer, slice apples.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar and cassava flour and whisk.
- Add in apples to bowl and stir to coat.
- Pour in cinnamon extract and mix again.
- Juice half of an orange and pour over apple mixture. Toss to combine.
- Layer apples on top with crumble mixture and then top with remaining crumble mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Allow crumble bars to cool and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!