Orange Dark Chocolate Fudge & Black Lemonade for Halloween!
October kicks off the holiday season and we excited to share with you how to make Orange Dark Chocolate Fudge and Black Lemonade for fun, guilt-free sweet treats! These recipes are quick, easy and contain simple ingredients that are dairy-free & gluten-free! We are thrilled to have Melissa Ackerman and Brittany Dobslaf as our collab partner this month!
Melissa Ackerman, is the President of Produce Alliance, and Brittany Dobslaf, is the Director of Client Services. Produce Alliance specializes in providing fresh produce category management services including procurement, national distribution, information services, and food safety assurance to food service clients across North America, Canada, the Caribbean, and beyond. Melissa is also the mom of three amazing boys, ages 7, 4, and 15 months. Brittany is mom to two kiddos, a 4-year-old little boy and a 16-month-old girl.
Produce Alliance is proud to fuel The Chaotic Commute and, even more so, is dedicated to being a part of the larger societal movement that recognizes, supports and inspires women, especially working moms, as an integral part of today’s dynamic workforce. In today’s world, being a working mom is the norm. In fact, the U.S. Department of Labor reported in 2018 that 70 percent of mothers with children under 18 participate in the labor force, with more than 75 percent employed full-time.
We can all agree that being a working mom isn’t easy. Between carpools, sick days, work presentations, client travel, late nights, early mornings, and everything in between, the challenges that come with being a working mom can be downright overwhelming. But they can be plenty rewarding, too, especially when you have the right people in your corner.
And that’s where The Chaotic Commute comes in.
The Chaotic Commute began as a simple idea between Melissa (Melshenker) Ackerman and Brittany Dobslaf when each found herself looking for others that understood and shared the delicate balancing act of being a working mom. The goal is for The Chaotic Commute is to support working moms through shared experiences, ups and downs, and the daily grind. It is a platform and an alliance to help working moms through the tough times, to celebrate the good times, and to remind them that perseverance, determination, and grit will propel them in both their personal and professional lives. It is a place where, as a working mom, you will find that you are not alone; rather, you are surrounded by a community of strong women, just like you, who are navigating this chaotic commute together.
- 1/4 cup Limoneira navel orange juice
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3.5 cups mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Add coconut milk, orange juice and sugar to a soup pot. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer for 30-45 minutes. You are looking to reduce the liquid down to 2 cups.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in chocolate chips, cacao powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour in a baking dish lined with wax paper and top with orange zest and chopped pecans.
- Place in the fridge and chill for at least 6 hours before cutting and serving.
- 2-3 Limoneira lemons, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of Activated Charcoal Powder or Capsules
- 10-20 drops of Stevia
- Juice the lemons. Add 1 tsp. of activated charcoal and 10-20 drops of Stevia (substitute: Maple Syrup).
- Fill up the pitcher with water.
- Stir & serve over ice! Enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!