Orange Pumpkin Vegan Enchiladas
As some of you know, we love enchiladas! Our green chili enchilada recipe is one we make almost weekly! However, we were looking for the perfect fall version and decided to make it ourselves! These Orange Pumpkin Vegan Enchiladas are incredibly flavorful and such a satisfying meal for the entire family.
Whether you are feeding family, a group of friends or heading to a holiday party, this recipe is the perfect one to bring! The best part is that they are gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan meaning they can be enjoyed by a variety of people with different health concerns! We can’t wait to hear how much you love this recipe as much as we do!
Health Benefits of Enchiladas
Oranges are a great source of prebiotic fiber! This is the type of fiber that feeds your good gut microbes and helps them thrive! When those microbes are well nourish, your gut is able to heal itself and digestion runs smoother. Oranges are also a good source of potassium, which is essential for heart function, nerve function and muscle contraction.
One cup of cannellini beans contains approximately 15 grams of protein and 11 grams of fiber! This plant powerhouse is great to add into soups, salads or enchiladas to make a complete meal! These beans are also high in copper, which primarily is needed in energy production as well as iron metabolism!
Brussels are cruciferous vegetables packed with vitamin K, vitamin C, folate, fiber and tons more! Not only are these guys nutrient dense, but they also contain some incredible health benefits from anti-inflammatory properties to supporting cardiovascular and digestive health.
See below to view or print this recipe! If you make these Orange Pumpkin Vegan Enchiladas, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- Juice & zest of ½ Limoneira navel orange
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup cashews, soaked overnight, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ Limoneira classic lemon, juiced
- 2 cups cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- Shaved Brussels sprouts
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 small avocados
- Small bunch fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add enchilada sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add cashew cream ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add beans, shaved brussels sprouts and half of the enchilada sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add a scoop of bean mixture into each corn tortilla.
- In the bottom of a casserole dish, add a thin layer of enchilada sauce, rolled corn tortillas and top with remaining enchilada sauce and cashew cream.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Top with sliced avocado, cilantro and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!