Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Today I am sharing how to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches! This recipe is inspired by my Mother In Law who loves to make these every holiday season and they are one of my husbands favorite treats.
What’s great about these cookies is you can make as few or as many as you would like. So simple and delicious!
- Golden Round Crackers
- Peanut Butter - or any nut or see butter you prefer
- Chocolate chips - I love dark chocolate!
- Make peanut butter sandwiches by adding a small dollop of peanut butter onto one cracker and top with another cracker.
- Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler (or a smaller pot on top of a larger pot) fill pot with water and bring to a bowl. Pour chocolate chips into pot on top and stir continuously until melted. I like to melt about 1/3 a cup of chocolate chips at a time. You may need to add more chocolate chips and melt again if you're making lots of cookies 🙂
- Place one cracker sandwich at a time into melted chocolate and flip until fully coated with chocolate, I like to use 2 forks for this process! Then transfer to baking sheet with parchment paper. Place in the fridge to set overnight and then... ENJOY!!!
- Optional - top with sea salt before placing in the fridge!
- The crackers I used to demo this recipe are not gluten-free but there are gluten-free golden rounds!!
- I did not include exact ingredient amounts because you can make as many or as few of these as you want!! Super easy for whenever you're in the mood for a small treat or make a bunch and gift away!
- Also credit for this recipe goes to my MIL!!! She likes to make this treat during the Holidays and it's been a favorite of my husbands... so simple and delicious!!
More Delicious Cookie Treats!