Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Bars
Hello Friends! With the holiday’s right around the corner you may be starting to plan your menus for parties and get togethers. If you’re looking for a new dessert idea, you’re in luck! Today I am sharing how to make an easy & healthy holiday dessert recipe, Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Bars! This dessert requires no cooking, is gluten-free & is vegan. This recipe is also from HGG’s 2015 Healthy Holidays Desserts eBook, download yours today!
The base of this recipe includes dates, pecans, vanilla extract & sea salt. I love using dates as a sweetener in recipes because they are packed with fiber and iron! The second layer contains cashews, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Cashews are the perfect nut for creating dairy-free alternatives because when soaked and then blended they create a creamy consistency, similar to dairy yet cashews are packed with fiber, protein & healthy fats.
I hope you love this recipe & share it with a friend! xx Megan your Registered Dietitian
- 1.5 cups of dates, pitted
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a food processor pulse together dates, pecans, vanilla extract and sea salt. Transfer mixture into an 8-inch square casserole dish. With your hands press mixture together and down towards the dish so that the ingredients stick together, this layer will be the "crust". Next, in a food processor or blender combine raw cashews that have soaked in water overnight (or at least for 1 hour) with maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Spread this mixture as a second layer on top of the date and pecan crust. Lastly, add a sprinkling of crushed pecan on top. Place dish in the freezer to set overnight. Store in the freezer. Enjoy!
- Choose Organic Ingredients When Possible