QUINOA BURRITO BOWL
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog. Today I’m sharing how to make Quinoa Burrito Bowls which are a favorite in our house and a recipe from my book The 5 Day Juicing Diet!
This flavorful bowl is sure to be a hit in your house—it’s fresh, filling, and delicious. Quinoa is a gluten-free pseudo-grain, meaning it’s actually a seed that cooks like a grain. It contains higher levels of protein and fiber than most grains. Of course, the more veggies the better, so this burrito bowl is packed with romaine, cilantro, and tomatoes. Black olives contain healthy monounsaturated fat—the good kind that supports heart and brain health by raising our HDL “good” cholesterol levels. If you’re not a fan of olives, simply leave them out.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & sliced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh salsa
- Cook the quinoa in the water according to the package instruction
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, beans, tomatoes, avocado, olives, cilantro, and lime juice, tossing to blend
- Top with the salsa and serve hot
- Variation Tip: This bowl is easy to adapt to meet your dietary preferences. You can easily swap brown rice for the quinoa or chickpeas for the pinto beans.