Roasted Lemon Chickpea Salad
Fresh summer salads are the perfect lunch or dinner any day of the week! You’re going to love this Roasted Lemon Chickpea Salad that is packed with plant-based protein, healthy fats and fiber! This recipe is made with real, simple ingredients that can even be prepped ahead of time, which makes throwing this salad together even easier!
Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein?! That means that it contains all nine of the essential amino acids that your body cannot produce naturally. Quinoa also contains 5 grams of fiber per cup and chickpeas contain 12.5 grams per cup, making this recipe great for digestion and keeping you full throughout the day!
While this salad can be a complete meal on its own, it’s also great as a side for your next BBQ or family gathering!
- 2 Limoneira classic lemons
- 2-3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add chickpeas to a bowl with some lemon zest, juice from half a lemon, drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add to a baking sheet and roast chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked quinoa, chickpeas, broccoli, red onion, cilantro, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and juice from other half of lemon.
- Stir to combine and enjoy!