Strawberry Kale Salad
This salad is easy, delicious and perfect for a quick summer lunch, dinner or party contribution!
Ingredients: Serves 2-3
- 6 large organic kale leaves
- 2 large organic carrots, shredded
- 2 cups organic walnuts *or more if you really enjoy nuts!
- 1 tablespoon unrefined organic coconut butter
- 2 cups organic strawberries, sliced *or as many as you like
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- Wash and dry kale
- De-vine kale by zipping kale leaves off of the kale vine
- Finely chop kale leaves and add to medium size bowl
- Wash and shred carrots
- Combine carrots and kale in a medium bowl and cover with balsamic dressing
- With clean hands, scrunch kale salad to “break down cell walls to marinade and soften kale”
- Meanwhile, add coconut butter to stove top pan and add walnuts
- On high heat toast walnuts until lightly brown, stirring occasionally so nuts do not burn
- When walnuts are ready, remove from heat and set aside
- Wash strawberries and slice
- Top kale salad with warm walnuts and strawberries and enjoy!