Sweet Potato Holiday Hash
Hello! Today I’m sharing with you how to make a Holiday Hash. This dish is completely plant-based as well as gluten-free and of course, delicious! This recipe is great as a side dish or main course for breakfast or brunch, especially during the Holiday season. I know I’ll be making this on Christmas morning! As always the recipe and how-to video are below! Happy hash making friends! xx Megan
- 1 tablespoon & 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 celery stalks
- 2 small sweet potatoes (or 1 large)
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 package (2 patties) of Hilary's Veggie Burgers
- Fresh basil or spinach leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and dice sweet potatoes and add to a baking sheet. Evenly coat sweet potatoes with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, paprika, cumin, sea salt and pepper. Let sweet potatoes bake in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring once half way through
- Next, roughly chop onion and mince garlic
- In a large stovetop skillet on medium heat add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- When skillet is hot add onion and garlic and let cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally until onions have caramelized
- Meanwhile, wash and chop celery & green bell pepper and set aside
- When onions and garlic have started to caramelize, add celery and green onion and stir together, optionally adding a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Next, chop frozen patties and add to the skillet, let cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
- When sweet potatoes are finished cooking, add them to the skillet and stir all ingredients together
- Garnish with fresh herbs of choice (or thinly sliced spinach) and enjoy!
- Choose Organic ingredient when possible
- To boost protein and make this dish meal worthy, add 2 Hilary's packages (4 burgers)
- Love garlic? Go for 3 cloves instead of one!
Today there are many options for veggie burgers and most are full of processed ingredients, genetically modified soy-protein and other ingredients we can’t even pronounce! However, veggie burgers are such a versatile staple for plant-based eaters like myself, and you know I love when healthy meets convenience! That is why I love Hilary’s Eat Well burgers, they are one of the few veggie patties that I would actually recommend to you, because their ingredient list is amazing. Hilary’s burgers come in a variety of delicious flavors from Adzuki Bean Burgers to Hemp & Green Burgers! They are found in the frozen section of the grocery store next to all of the other frozen veggie burgers. If you give them a try, I’d love to know what you think! You can always leave a comment below this blog post to join in on or start a conversation.
Disclaimer: Today’s blog post and video is sponsored by Hilary’s Eat Well. The recipe, content creation and opinions are my own. I have been a fan of Hilary’s Eat Well products for years and so I am very honored to be working them! Running Healthy Grocery Girl LLC is my full time job and sponsorship helps HealthyGroceryGirl.com continue to provide free recipe blogs and videos to our readers and subscribers. I would want you to know about Hilary’s whether I was working with them or not!