TURMERIC GINGER GRANOLA: GLUTEN-FREE & NO ADDED SUGAR
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog!
Today I’m sharing how to make an easy no-sugar added, gluten-free spiced granola with ginger & turmeric! I have been on a yogurt & granola kick lately. Because I eat dairy-free I have been trying different dairy-free yogurts such as almond, cashew & coconut milk yogurt. I like to choose the unsweetened options & instead top my yogurt with my own granola & fruit! So today I’m sharing how to make a really great granola that has no added sugar, is gluten-free & packed with spices & flavor.
I love using spices because they are a great way to add flavor to my recipes without extra calories, sugar or sodium! My recipe today uses two of my favorite spices Ginger & Turmeric. Ginger is great because it’s one of the few spices that can be used for both savory & sweet dishes! Turmeric has such a beautiful vivid yellow-orange color. Turmeric is actually a member of the Ginger Family and I also love to use turmeric for veggie & rice dishes! A big thanks to McCormick for being our sponsor for today’s video!
- 2 cups of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 5 – 10 drops of liquid stevia (sweeten to your personal liking)
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 pinch of sea salt & 1 pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl add all ingredients & mix together. Spread granola evenly on a baking sheet.
- Toast in the oven for 1.5 hours, stirring often.
- Store in an airtight container & enjoy within a week.
- Note: Feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener or spices to your liking!
Disclosure: This blog post is sponsored by McCormick. All opinions stated are my own.