TURMERIC NOODLE SOUP
Hi Friends! Welcome back to the blog! Today we’re making one of my favorite homemade soups, Turmeric Noodle Soup! It’s creamy comfort food that is good for you too! We make a big batch of this soup almost every week. I love having leftovers for a quick lunch or dinner!
If you give this recipe a try & share a picture online make sure to tag your photos @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can find & like them! Speaking of social – make sure to follow Healthy Grocery Girl on Instagram! I post food + whole body wellness inspiration everyday!
Also if you’re wondering… these are the brown rice noodles we love and use for this recipe!
- 1 large bok choy
- 1 small broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 inch fresh turmeric
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 oz brown rice pad thai noodles
- Fresh cilantro and lime
- Wash, peel and chop the carrots, broccoli and bok choy.
- Next peel and slice the turmeric and ginger; and thinly slice the red onion.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, vegetable broth and coconut milk into a blender jar and blend on high for one minute.
- Add one tablespoon coconut oil into a deep pan over medium with the red onions and saute for five minutes.
- Next add the turmeric ginger broth to the pan and simmer for 20 mins.
- Finally add all of the vegetables and brown rice noodles into the pan, making sure the noodles are completely covered in liquid, simmer for 15 minutes and enjoy topped with a fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime!