Vegan, Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Recipe
It would not be the holiday season without cookies! Today I’m sharing how to make vegan & gluten-free sugar cookies made with Wholesome! ingredients, which you can learn all about below!
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup of Wholesome! coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free flour blend
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Wholesome! Organic Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry Frosting
- TruJoy Sweets Organic Candy Canes (Chopped)
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the coconut oil & sugar into a medium size bowl & stir together
- Then add the applesauce and vanilla extract & stir together again
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time & fold into the mixture
- Roll dough on slightly floured surface
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes, place on a baking sheet & bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes
- Let cool and then top with frosting, crushed candy canes and optional unsweetened shredded coconut!
- The dough will seem too crumbly at first, which I find common when baking gluten-free. So don't worry like I normally do! It will all work out, just stick with it!
- Form the dough into a ball & then on a floured surface & with flour on your rolling pin roll out the dough. The dough is delicate so I found it best to transfer the raw cookie dough shapes from surface to baking sheet with a spatula.
- This recipe creates 24 light, crispy, sugar cookies!
What I Love About Wholesome!:
- Wholesome! Organic Frosting is Non-GMO Project Verified, Fair Trade Certified, Gluten Free, Kosher and Vegan. Their frosting is made from Wholesome! Organic Powdered Sugar and contains no high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors! The oil is sustainably sourced and the jars are recyclable and BPA free.
- Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar (also known as Organic Coconut Sugar) is a rich, unrefined brown sugar with a deep caramel flavor. This sugar is made with no chemicals, bone char or animal by-products, making it ideal for vegans too! This sugar is gluten-free, kosher-certified, naturally vegan, Non-GMO Verified & USDA Organic.
- TruJoy Sweets Organic Candy Canes are made with just four simple ingredients including natural peppermint flavor and organic fruit juice. They are USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified, free from artificial colors and flavors, made in a nut-free facility, free from high fructose corn syrup, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan!
- All Wholesome! sweeteners are Fair Trade Certified, Organic, Natural, Non-GMO Project Verified and sourced from ethically and environmentally responsible growers and manufacturers.
- Wholesome! believes in the importance of sustainable and organic agriculture to encourage a safe and beautiful future for the planet and its people.
- The Wholesome! team pioneered the Fair Trade certification process for sugar and honey in North America!
Disclosure: Thank you to Wholesome! for sponsoring this blog post!