Create an Account
Already have a user account?

Reply To: Fish Oil Supplements

Reply To: Fish Oil Supplements

Megan Roosevelt
Megan Roosevelt
Participant

Hi Laura! Great question. With Fish Oil supplements you want to be careful about mercury which is common in fatty fish (fat cells are storage cells), this is especially true when it comes to a fish oil supplement that you’ll consume everyday. One of the main reasons for taking a Fish Oil supplement is for the Omega 3 fatty acids which are good for brain and heart health. We can consume omega 3s from plant-based options such as such as flaxseeds or flaxseed oil, mixed greens and walnuts! It’s a personal choice to consume your omega 3s from a fish oil supplement, plant-based omega 3 supplement, whole foods or a combo! I always recommend increasing your omega 3 intake from whole foods first 🙂 If you do choose a fish oil supplement, look for a brand that tests for mercury and is mercury free! Of course there is a lot more we could talk about on this topic and if you (or anyone reading this) are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are breast feeding your nutrition needs with be different. Please let me know if you any have follow up questions to what I’ve written! I’m happy to continue this discussion to thoroughly answer your question 🙂 Kindly, Megan | RD + HGG Founder