Create an Account
Already have a user account?

Coconut oil and coconut milk

Healthy Grocery Girl Healthy Grocery Girl Forums Ask Megan Coconut oil and coconut milk

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer Pizzuti
      Participant

Hello – I have a question about the canned coconut milk you list in the recipe for the Tomato White Bean Soup. Can you explain further which one to buy?
      I made the oat/carrot/date breakfast “cookies” last week and first of all they were DELICIOUS, but I was wondering if it would mix up a little better if the coconut oil was melted first? Not always sure if the coconut oil should be liquified or not.
      Thank you!!

MeganMegan
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer! Where do you typically grocery shop? I look for Organic Canned Coconut Milk and choose the regular (not light) canned coconut milk. You can find it in the ethnic / international grocery aisle. Here are some brands I buy!

Whole Foods 365
      Thai Kitchen
      So Delicious
      Trader Joes

For the breakfast cookies, you can definitely liquify the coconut oil. I live in southern California which is typically pretty warm and so my coconut oil is also room temp and pretty much liquid 🙂

Hope that helps!! – M

Jennifer Pizzuti
      Participant

Thank you! I live in Portland and I typically shop at New Seasons and Fred Meyer with the occasional Trader Joe’s trip. I did wind up getting the coconut milk at Trader Joe’s. 🙂

MeganMegan
        Keymaster

Hey Jennifer! New Seasons, Fred Meyers, Trader Joe’s.. all great place to shop! Glad you found a coconut milk at TJ’s! 🙂

afrandes
      Participant

Outdoor activities are very popular. But to stay safe and see what is happening around you need special camping flashlights. Camping lanterns are must-have accessories on various hikes and trips, during outdoor recreation, and, of course, can be used at home. I buy all travel accessories online at StartMyHobbyTrip, and now I am going to buy there a nice lantern for my next trip.

ketty_lydon
      Participant
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.