Create an Account
Already have a user account?

EXERCISE CHECK IN: SHARE WHAT YOU DID TODAY TO MOVE YOUR BODY!!! :)

EXERCISE CHECK IN: SHARE WHAT YOU DID TODAY TO MOVE YOUR BODY!!! :)

Healthy Grocery Girl Healthy Grocery Girl Forums Nourish Program Chat Group EXERCISE CHECK IN: SHARE WHAT YOU DID TODAY TO MOVE YOUR BODY!!! :)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by beckyalley273 beckyalley273 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Megan
    Megan
    Keymaster

January 16th: Today my husband I went for a walk, probably an hour! I love long walks 🙂 What did you do today to MOVE? 🙂

cindy
    cindy
    Participant

Today, honestly , I did nothing! Yesterday I did yoga, at a steady pace. Me and my husband went out late last night, which we normally do not do, so I took a break this morning. Am I making an excuse not to exercise?

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Rest days are totally okay! One or two days off a week is totally fine and it’s good to listen to your body. Personally, I try to not take more than 2 days off consecutively. If I can’t get to the gym (or don’t want to) I definitely try and fit in at least a walk outside to do some movement 🙂

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Okay so I don’t know if this counts but I have cleaned my floors today like sweep and vacuum. The day is still young yet so there may be more to come.

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

I definitely feel like cleaning is a workout sometimes ha!! I’m sure a fitness trainer would say it doesn’t count, but any movement consistently is good! Better than nothing I say!! 🙂

Megan
    Megan
    Keymaster

My Activity For the past 2 Days!!

Jan, Sunday 17th: Nothing 🙂 Rest day!
    Jan, Monday 18th: Ran 1 Mile on the Treadmill

goingveggy
    goingveggy
    Participant

Hi!!!
    I use the treadmill and workout videos on YouTube. I signed up at planet fitness a couple days ago and have been doing there 30 min circuit.

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

What workout videos on youtube do you use goingveggy? Thanks Megan I was thinking the same thing.

goingveggy
    goingveggy
    Participant

beckyalley273- hi!! i like the fitness blender videos especially the low impart cardio ones

beckyalley273
      beckyalley273
      Participant

Thank you I will have to check them out.

workingmom213
    Participant

Hi, all! I have been doing a lot more walking lately. I don’t think my short walks add up to 30 minutes every day, but I figured it is more than what I usually do. 🙂 One thing I have learned about myself is that I need to let myself take baby steps to work towards a goal that feels overwhelming to me. Right now, the idea of carving 30 minutes out of my schedule every day to exercise feels daunting, so I am starting small – or maybe even smaller than small, haha! But if it gets me to my goal eventually, I am okay with that.

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Walking is great! Progress is progress not matter how small!!

Megan
    Megan
    Keymaster

Hey everyone!! Here is my fitness log for this week!

Jan. 19th: 45 hour walk outside with my husband / 20 minutes of stretching & pilates
    Jan. 20th: 1 hour walk outside with my husband
    Jan. 21st: 1 hour walk outside with my husband
    Jan. 22nd: 1 mile jog on the treadmill

Since my husband and I worked for ourselves (HGG!! xo) we like to go on walks to take a computer break and also it’s a good time to chat business and work (not sitting at our desks).

I hope everyone had a wonderful week and start to their weekend!! xx Megan

cindy
    cindy
    Participant

I’ve been consistent doing yoga this week. Today I did upper body workout with weights. I’m slowly getting back into a routine.

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

That’s fantastic Cindy!! I love Yoga!

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Okay so I have been a bit MIA. On the 19th I took a 30 minute walk. On the 20th I had surgery so no exercise for me. On the 21st it was very light and I mean light walking in the hospital. The 22nd I did a bit more walking in my home throughout the day. The 23rd is the same I have walked throughout my home and then I rest and get back up and go again. It will take me a bit to get back to full exercise status but I will do as much as I can each day.

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Okay I know it is small but I have been up walking for 15 minutes. I also did a small jig (just moving my legs for dancing no hip action). I plan on getting up and walking some more today but I just needed to rest a bit.

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Amazing! It’s good to do what you can when you can! Every little bit adds up. It’s healthy just to move and be active! 🙂

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

Okay so again I have to post I just knocked out a 30 minute walk and I am super stocked about it and now I am exhausted…but not bad after only a few days out from surgery.

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

So I am super excited it is 19 degrees where I live in Maine and I went outside and walked a little over a half a mile this morning being only 5 days out of surgery.

goingveggy
    goingveggy
    Participant

1/25: about 20 min on treadmill and about 20 min of circuit training
    1/26: 30 min on treadmill and about 15 min of circuit training

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Awesome GoingVeggy!! Love you do a mix of cardio and circuit training!

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

I walked about 30 minutes today inside a store where it was warm and dry.
    Awesome job Goingveggy!!!

Bethany Mroz
    Participant

I usually do a bit of yoga in the mornings when i wake up, but the weather in Florida has been really nice lately, so Ive been taking walks & jogs instead (: it nice to get a bit of fresh air!

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Don’t you love when the weather gets warmer! I love taking a break from the gym and going on walks or jogs aside when it’s nicer too 🙂

cindy
    cindy
    Participant

Today I did my first “aerobic” workout in a long time. I thought I was going to throw up! But I made it through 40 minutes. It’s a start.

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

That’s great Cindy!! Way to go!!

beckyalley273
    beckyalley273
    Participant

I have been put on bedrest since Wednesday so I have not been moving at all. Apparently I over did it by taking mini walks, car rides and sitting straight up for long periods of time. Who would have thought that was overdoing it. I hate sitting about and waiting. I will get moving as soon as I am allowed to. Happy moving everyone.

Megan
      Megan
      Keymaster

Take time to rest and take care of you!!!

beckyalley273
      beckyalley273
      Participant

Hey Megan.. I am almost 4 weeks out of surgery and I think that I am finally able to do more. I will know more when I talk with the doctor tomorrow. I did manage though last week to sneak in 3/4 of a mile walk. Today however it is -5 outside so inside I will stay. Maybe I can sneak some dancing in today…living room dance party with my 8 year old.

Missy LANE
    Missy LANE
    Participant

My home move last week, really kept my body moving and has made me stronger! So many trips to the car, carrying boxes, and going up and down stairs. I am truly reaping the benefits on increased strength and energy, from doing this for a week! It has encouraged me to take the stairs more at work (and not just to go down 🙂 ).

beckyalley273
      beckyalley273
      Participant

Thats awesome! Keep up the great work!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.