Create an Account
Already have a user account?

Hello All,

Hello All,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  katiec89 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Megan
    Megan
    Keymaster

Hi Katie!!

WELCOME!!!! 😀 So excited to have you join us!!!

I get excited for Fridays-eve as well when I can share new videos with you guys!! Means so much that you watch!! xx

I totally understand everything you wrote! Going 80 / 20 plant-based is totally realistic and a great healthy approach! I find that some people have the “All or Nothing” mentality and don’t even try eating more plant-based because they think it means that they would have to be vegan forever and that sounds too scary or completed! That’s why I love plant-based because it means our diet is BASED in plants! Not necessarily 100%… that’s a personal choice!! 🙂 Anyways… I could go on and on but just wanted to say I totally support you and love that you’re committed to eating more plants!! 🙂

Before I started HGG I worked many office jobs where I was surrounded by people who didn’t share the same enthusiasm for nutrition ha!! I always found that the best way to handle those type of situations are just to keep being me, making healthy food I enjoyed and not judging others if there choices were not so healthy. People start to come around when your meals look really fresh and tasty and you have a great attitude and energy towards healthy living!! Just gotta be you and do your thing in a positive way!!

Once again welcome to HGG and let me know if you have any questions!! Always here to help and chat!! xx Megan

katiec89
    Participant

Thanks Megan! I think it is going to be great having a supportive community. I agree with you that most people misunderstand what plant-based is. I went to a family dinner at a restaurant not too long ago and my aunt was wondering why I did not order anything (it was a restaurant with a VERY small menu and ALL of it deep fried). Its all about sharing! It was a huge hurdle for me, I can tend to have a weak will power and cave into the not healthy sweet treats that show up at family gatherings or from my wonderful coworkers. That is what I have to work on, not caving when these types of food are put in my way. Just because they may taste “good” does not mean that it is good for me 🙂

jenihollifield
    Participant

Hey Katie, I’m Jeni! I was just reading your post and totally can relate!!! I was just telling some of my friends about plant-based and they just assumed I meant being vegan. I had to completely explain myself, which is so funny! Crazy how misunderstood it can be. Glad to be on this journey together!

katiec89
    Participant

Hi Jeni! It is funny how it is linked to being vegan and the misunderstanding that they are the same. Just because it is vegan does not mean it is plant based, this is something that I have come to learn 🙂 . I am glad to be on this journey together as well! Nice to have such a supportive community to turn to!

jenihollifield
    Participant

Definitely glad we can be on this journey together too! How was your week been going? My husband is a youth pastor and we traveled all weekend for this conference in Denver and I basically survived on homemade trail mix and Lara bars while everyone else ate fast food. haha.

katiec89
    Participant

Sorry it took me so long to answer! My week has been going good. Crazy busy at work (I work in customer service). Traveling can be the hardest when it comes to eating healthy for sure. Youth Pastors are special people with what can tend to be a hard job. Even though conferences can take a lot out of you, you grow so much. I was able to go to one Women of Faith conference and I had the best time, learned a lot. But it was so hard to find things to eat…they just had junk food at the conference and the only place close to get food was a Dunkin Donuts. Hope all is well 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.