Create an Account
Already have a user account?

Holiday Office Politics

Holiday Office Politics

Healthy Grocery Girl Healthy Grocery Girl Forums Ask Megan Holiday Office Politics

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Megan Roosevelt Megan Roosevelt 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Megan Roosevelt
    Megan Roosevelt
    Participant

Hi Tammi! Before I started Healthy Grocery Girl I worked in office settings & so I can definitely relate to what you’re going through! It is definitely frustrating. What always helped me is to remind myself that at the end of the day it’s my body. I am the one who will suffer if I eat something that I know will upset my stomach. I would decline cookies I didn’t care to eat & if the meals served at a party were not foods I wanted to eat I would eat before or try and have a small helping of something there I did want to enjoy. Overtime it gets easier to just stick to doing what is best for you and your body and if other people have a problem with it, honestly it’s there problem! As long as you do not judge or speak negatively of their choices, I think co-workers should be respectful to not judge or speak negatively of your personal choices! Especially since your choice is to eat healthier 😉 There will ALWAYS be food pushers and unhealthy food choices around. Hopefully overtime some of your co-workers will want healthier choices too and you can slowly start to have a few healthier options at parties that you enjoy so everyone can partake. There is no magic answer however all I can speak from is experience… you just have to focus on you & do what’s best for your health regardless of what others say or think. Easier said than done, but overtime it does gets easier 🙂 Anyways I hope this reply was helpful!!! 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.